cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Objective-C framework now failing to build?

Objective-C framework now failing to build?

Keith B.7
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Hello,

If I download a fresh copy of the Objective-C API 2 framework and try to use it in an Xcode project, it refuses to build, reporting missing files. I do not have these problems with a version of the framework source code I downloaded a few weeks ago.

To reproduce, using Xcode 8 on macOS 10.12:

1. Go to: <https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c>

2. Click on “Clone or download”.

3. Select “Download ZIP”.

4. Once it’s finished downloading, in the Finder, navigate to the “dropbox-sdk-obc-c-master” folder that was downloaded in the Downloads folder (macOS should have automatically expanded the .zip file into a folder).

5. Drill down into the /Source/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial folder.

6. In Xcode, create a new iOS project.

7. Drag ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.xcodeproj from the Finder into the source list of the new Xcode project you created, ensuring the green “+” icon appears before dropping it, so that it is added to the project without requiring a new workspace.

8. In the Xcode source list, expand the ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.xcodeproj icon and then, inside that, expand “Products”.

9. In the “General” settings of the main project’s target, drag the first ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.framework target from the source list (which should be the iOS one) into the “Embedded Binaries” area.

For me, in any project to which I add the Dropbox framework, the build fails reporting that “DBTasksStorage.h” and “DBConstants.h”. Strangely, although these files are present when I look in the Finder, they do not appear in Xcode's source list. So it is as though dragging the project into Xcode isn't creating references to all the files for some reason.

This doesn't happen with other frameworks, and, as I say, it doesn't happen with the version of the Dropbox API 2 framework that I downloaded three or four weeks ago. (Although this could still be an Xcode problem or a problem on my end, no doubt.)

Thanks,

Keith

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen C.14
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Kieth. I've gone ahead and put out another version of the SDK (1.1.3). Would you mind pulling it and seeing if the problem persists?

Let us know – thanks for your patience!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks Keith! We'll look into it.

Stephen C.14
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Kieth. I've gone ahead and put out another version of the SDK (1.1.3). Would you mind pulling it and seeing if the problem persists?

Let us know – thanks for your patience!

Keith B.7
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

It all builds fine now - thanks for the quick resolution!

All the best,
Keith

Need more support?