cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Origin does not match any app domain

Origin does not match any app domain

Chase R.4
New member | Level 1

Hi there,

I am trying to build out a Dropbox App for our applicant tracking system - IBM Kenexa BrassRing. The Dropbox AppI will allow candidates to upload their resume during the application process.  I followed IBM Kenexa's work instructions when I built the app; however, I have struggled with identifying the Choose/Saver domain I should use.  I currently have localhost added, but I get the following error message when I tried to access the Dropbox icon via IBM Kenexa BrassRing: Origin does not match any app domain.

I have included a link to my Dropbox App: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps/info/fvzqbg0otvx0mkc

Can someone shed some light on my issue?

Thanks,

Chase

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi Chase, the Chooser/Saver domains you need to register should be the domain(s) of the site(s) where you will deploy your Chooser/Saver integration.

For example, if I was developing an integration for this forum itself, I might register "localhost" for my local development environment, like you mentioned, and then to deploy it for real, I would register "dropboxforum.com". 

If you share the full URL of the page where you get the error, I can offer some more specific guidance.

KamFloyd
New member | Level 2

This same thing is happening to me too, I am trying to submit my resume for a job and I did everything but that not configures properly thing is preventing me from doing anything. If you had any advice please let me know!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@KamFloyd It sounds like you're an end-user trying to use an integration with Dropbox on a third party site. This issue is something the owner of the third party site would need to fix. I recommend you reach out to them to ask them to fix it. (They can contact us directly if they're having trouble with the Dropbox platform.)

signalhype
New member | Level 2

Hey Greg, I'm getting something like this on our app. I get the message "Uh oh! Seems like this widget is not configured properly. Origin does not match any app domain". Our app is installed in a sub domain of the site app.domain.io in the Chooser/Saver domain box I have tried both URL's app.domain.io and domain.io but still a no go.

My app link https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps/info/6zffm0mxc13k2zk

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@signalhype Can you share the full URL of the Dropbox page showing the error so I can look into this for you? (Feel free to open an API ticket if you'd prefer to share privately.)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    signalhype New member | Level 2
    KamFloyd New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?