cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF thumbnails & last modified for folders.

PDF thumbnails & last modified for folders.

inspeerodev
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi , 
I'm using the dropbox sdk 3.0.3 for iOS. I read that you'll add last modified date for folders as a feature request. But this version doesn't provide it as far as I've looked. Did I miss anything or have you guys added it ? I'm using the list folder method and then calling the getmetadata method on IDs. Another query I have is how can I get pdf thumbnail/previews ? The extension list doesn't contain .pdf in the method descriptions. Is there a way or hack to get pdf thumbnails/previews ? 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Apologies for any confusion here. While we encourage developers to write in feature requests like this, we can't guarantee if or when any particular request would be implemented and released.

We are tracking the feature request for modified time for folders, but that hasn't been added and I don't have an update on if or when it would be.

The API doesn't offer a way to get thumbnails or previews for PDF files, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request as well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Apologies for any confusion here. While we encourage developers to write in feature requests like this, we can't guarantee if or when any particular request would be implemented and released.

We are tracking the feature request for modified time for folders, but that hasn't been added and I don't have an update on if or when it would be.

The API doesn't offer a way to get thumbnails or previews for PDF files, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request as well.

inspeerodev
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thanks for the reply!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

inspeerodev New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?