cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Padding around elements in /oauth2/authorize login UI

Padding around elements in /oauth2/authorize login UI

Olive T.
New member | Level 1

Is there any way to get the oauth2/authorize page to put padding around the login UI?

My app's UI looks like this (I'm not using the iOS SDKs, I'm using the REST API directly, so that I can present the auth interface in a custom way):

The popover contains a plain UIWebView. However wide I make the popover / webview, the email and password fields size to fit the width and the "sign in" button right-aligns without any padding, so they end up hard against the edges. Is this by design?

16 Replies 16

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for writing this up Olive! The formatting on this page is a known issue we'll fix on our side.

Olive T.
New member | Level 1

Thanks Gregory, that's good to hear!

Olive T.
New member | Level 1

Hi Gregory,

What's the timescale for fixing this? We are considering reverting to v1 API in the meantime.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Apologies for not following up on this thread, Olive! This should already be fixed. Are you still seeing this? 

(This may work differently in your app of course since you're not using the SDK, so if you are still seeing an issue, please supply a screenshot showing the current state of the page in your app.)

Olive T.
New member | Level 1

Thanks, Gregory. Unfortunately it's actually even worse now -- the button is no longer entirely onscreen:

This problem exists on an iPad 2 (non-retina) or iPad Air (retina). Strangely enough, on an iPad Pro, it's okay, but only if the iPad Pro is running at non-native resolution, i.e. emulating the screen size of an iPad Air; if the iPad Air is at native resolution, the problem persists. Hopefully this information can help you to track down the fix!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Do you know what the User-Agent for your UIWebView is? It looks like you're actually getting the desktop version of this page (which isn't fitting in that narrow UIWebView).

Olive T.
New member | Level 1

User-Agent is unchanged from the default. Here's how it looks when run on the iPad simulator (on which the issue is also present):

Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 9_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/13E230

Olive T.
New member | Level 1

But yes, if I make the popover the whole width of the device's screen, it does look as though I'm getting the desktop version:

Olive T.
New member | Level 1

(NB the same User-Agent works fine with the v1 SDK's special "/1/connect_login" endpoint.)

Need more support?