cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’re having some trouble with our services currently. We’re working to fix the problem as quickly as we can. We’ll share another update shortly. For the latest information visit here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pagination for listfolder content

Pagination for listfolder content

ravindra007
Explorer | Level 4

How to acheive pagination using listfolder endpoint let me know. Because at a time all the folder content reteriving into window or page it taking too much time so we need to implement in this scenarion pagination please colud help any one advance Thanks

4 Replies 4

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey there @ravindra007, thanks for checking in with us. 

Are you trying to do this via the web or a third party app?

If it's through the web, could you clarify the browser you're using and which part of the web you're having this issue with?

Let me know and we'll go from there, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ravindra007
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Using chorme browser web application. I am getting json data whenever i call listfolder endpoint,  But i want show those content into paganation i don't want show all the folder content at time. Is there any endpoint to call limitted data from dropbox api(Ex: Endpoint with start index and limit for endpoint data).

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Ah, I see, thanks for clarifying that for me.

I moved your posts here, to the Develop & API section, where other like-minded users might be able to offer more input on this. 

In the meantime, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to give us another shout. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@ravindra007 To list the contents of a path via the Dropbox API, you should use the /2/files/list_folder and /2/files/list_folder/continue endpoints. Those are already paginated, meaning that you may need to make multiple calls in order to retrieve all of the results. The exact page size isn't guaranteed though. You can specify the "limit" parameter on /2/files/list_folder to request an approximate maximum on the number of entries that would be returned per page. Please refer to the documentation linked above for more information.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    ravindra007 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?