cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while authentication: Too many attempts

Problem while authentication: Too many attempts

Mario B.5
New member | Level 1

Hi!

I am using dropbox SDK for developing an app in iOS. I updated Xcode and I am using iOS9 now.

Now when I try to simulate the app and try to synchronize to Dropbox I get all the time the message: Too many attempts. Try again later.

I tried only one and with the correct password.

I get the next error: 

-canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2://1/connect" - error: "(null)"

I already introduce the key in the info.plist like is said in: https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2015/08/important-update-your-core-api-app-for-ios-9/ for the new iOS9.

Any idea? 

BTW, I already tried to restart the Xcode, simulator..

7 Replies 7

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The "canOpenURL" line is fine, as that's just reporting on some new behavior in iOS 9. The error is coming back as "(null)", so that indicates you're already configured properly for that.

Can you post some sample code and full output/screenshot for the "Too many attempts" issue though?

Mario B.5
New member | Level 1

Hi, I solve the problem.

It looks like was some kind of problem with Xcode. I removed the app from the laptop and I restored from git. I lunched the app again and works without problem from the first. Even if i put the password wrong a lot of times and appear the message again of "Too many attempts" after stoping and compiling again it does not show it again.

Jai B.2
New member | Level 1

I'm getting the same problem as Mario B.  However, following his steps hasn't fixed the issue. I've been developing an app for a while now and suddenly today when I tried to login, I get the too many attempts, please try later message.

Any ideas?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Jai, did you try to log in multiple times by any chance? Can you share a screenshot so I can get better context on where/when you're seeing this? Thanks in advance! 

Jai B.2
New member | Level 1

Hey Gregory,

No, I didn't attempt to log in multiple times.  It's strange because I've been developing this app for a while now and this occurred with no changes to the code that I use to integrate Dropbox this afternoon.

Now I've just tried again to grab a screenshot and its working fine.

Geek S.
New member | Level 1

HI Grefory,

I am also facing same problem which Jai b,Mario B faced. While loading Dropbox log in page in myapp I am getting this error "-canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2://1/connect" - error: "(null)" . and i am not able to log in also.

I already added this items in my .plist

<key>LSApplicationQueriesSchemes</key>
<array>
  <string>dbapi-2</string>
</array>

How can i resolve this issue? please help me. Thanks in advance.

Geek S.
New member | Level 1

Now its working for us with out doing anything.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Geek S. New member | Level 1
    Jai B.2 New member | Level 1
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?