cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Certificate Issue?

Re: Certificate Issue?

lequarti
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I got this since monday : "https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/upload": x509: certificate signed by unknown authority

Any idea ?

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The content.dropboxapi.com servers are being served with a valid certificate (from DigiCert), so it sounds like there's an issue with your local configuration preventing your system from validating that. You'll need to make sure your local trust store contains DigiCert.

lequarti
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the answer, indeed, in my home network it works fine. In my professional environment, suddenly, I got this issue from the day to another. I guess the Company Firewall + Antivirus server must filter that.

Is there any support page, that serves this kind of information such as firewall rules, etc? I can address that to the tech support.

thx,

Regards

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I can't offer support on exactly how you would configure your firewall, etc., as that's not made by Dropbox. You can find a file containing the certificates an API client would need to trust here (that's included with our official Python SDK, for example). There's also a help center article here that lists various official Dropbox domains. (The relevant one in this case is content.dropboxapi.com, but you may also need api.dropboxapi.com and notify.dropboxapi.com depending on what functionality you need access to.)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    lequarti Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?