cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to get a path to a Dropbox file in order to use the files_download function in python?

Re: How to get a path to a Dropbox file in order to use the files_download function in python?

Lakshmi Narayana
Explorer | Level 3

For some reason, using files_list_folder().entries.path_lower is giving me this error:

dropbox.exceptions.ApiError: ApiError('496762b8575c8f262949ace63f24a1fe', ListFolderError('path', LookupError('not_folder', None)))

I found that when I tried printing out file list folder, my path_lower is none, is there another way to find the path?

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

A 'path/not_folder' error indicates that the path you're trying to list is not a folder. You should make sure that the 'path' value you pass to files_list_folder refers to a folder, not a file.

When you get the results, if 'path_lower' is not set, that indicates that the item is not mounted. You can find more information on what this means in the Content Access Guide.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?