cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Suddenly getting "v1_retired" error

Re: Suddenly getting "v1_retired" error

Sam80
Helpful | Level 5

It looks like this may be occurring again now when making requests with `grant_type=refresh_token`.

20 Replies 20

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for letting us know. I'll bring this up with the team. Can you also let me know if you're seeing this on all such calls, or only a portion? If it's not all calls, can you let me know roughly what percent of these calls fail like this for you?

Sam80
Helpful | Level 5

Only a portion of them. They have been reported by other users of our app, from the number of reports I would estimate about 10% of calls.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks! I'll let you know once I have any news on this.

Andreas W.4
New member | Level 2

Hi, 

I observe the same issue for about 24 hours when I refresh the access token. 

Is there any news on this issue?

Thanks for the feedback!

Andreas

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Andreas W.4 Thanks for the note. I don't have an update on this yet. I'll reply here once I do.

landdogger
Helpful | Level 5

Can confirm that I’m also getting this error intermittently. I’m using the Python SDK.

Truncated stack trace is below. The issues seems to be around refreshing access tokens.

self.refresh_access_token(scope=self._scope)
File "/home/pi/.local/share/virtualenvs/photo-gallery-jYGSq-8r/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dropbox/dropbox_client.py", line 403, in refresh_access_token
self.raise_dropbox_error_for_resp(res)
File "/home/pi/.local/share/virtualenvs/photo-gallery-jYGSq-8r/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dropbox/dropbox_client.py", line 627, in
raise_dropbox_error_for_resp
raise BadInputError(request_id, res.text)

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@landdogger Thanks for the information!

SirCrumpet
New member | Level 2

We're also seeing this {"error": "v1_retired"} response quite regularly.

From a few quick twitter/github issue searches it seems to be affecting quite a few users - would be great to get an update on resolution (and/or indication on https://status.dropbox.com 🙂) if possible.

Thanks!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@SirCrumpet Thanks for the note. I don't have an update on this yet, but I'll follow up here once I do.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    eli- Explorer | Level 4
    jlang New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?