cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing short lived access token after expiry

Refreshing short lived access token after expiry

TarunK
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I login into my personal account, create an app in the app console and generate an short-lived access token. After this token has expired, can I use it to generate a new access token programmatically without the need for login in again?. 

If yes, is it the same for team(enterprise) account as well

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, it is not possible to use a short-lived access token to programmatically generate another access token. If you need long-term access without manual user intervention, you should use the OAuth flow to get a refresh token, which can be used to programmatically retrieve new short-lived access tokens on demand. Please refer to the OAuth Guide and authorization documentation for more information on doing so.

This works the same way for both Business/Enterprise and non-Business/Enterprise accounts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, it is not possible to use a short-lived access token to programmatically generate another access token. If you need long-term access without manual user intervention, you should use the OAuth flow to get a refresh token, which can be used to programmatically retrieve new short-lived access tokens on demand. Please refer to the OAuth Guide and authorization documentation for more information on doing so.

This works the same way for both Business/Enterprise and non-Business/Enterprise accounts.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?