cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Reinstalling new Dropbox code for iOS.

Reinstalling new Dropbox code for iOS.

AppleGG
Helpful | Level 6

My iOS app did use Dropbox. I downloaded new version and compiled with XCode. Architecture issues. Can I simply move ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.framework and headers into my app and use it?

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
To clarify, do you mean you had one of the Dropbox SDKs for API v1 (originally called the "Core SDK" or "Sync SDK") installed in your app?

The Dropbox API v2 Objective-C SDK is not a drop-in replacement for those. You'll need to follow the instructions in the documentation here to install it and update your code accordingly:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c

AppleGG
Helpful | Level 6

Which is exactly what I do not want to do. I want a simple drop in, but they won't provide it. I really don't want to deal with Terminal, HomeBrew, and Carthage or with Ruby, G

@Greg-DB wrote:
To clarify, do you mean you had one of the Dropbox SDKs for API v1 (originally called the "Core SDK" or "Sync SDK") installed in your app?

The Dropbox API v2 Objective-C SDK is not a drop-in replacement for those. You'll need to follow the instructions in the documentation here to install it and update your code accordingly:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c

ems, and Cocopods.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the clarification and feedback! We don't have a drop-in replacement like that unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

AppleGG
Helpful | Level 6
That's what you said last year. Nothing has changed.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Yes, that request is still open, but the team has not implemented this. I'm afraid I'm not aware of any current plans to do so and I can't promise that it is something they will work on in the future.
Need more support?