cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relinquish file membership

Relinquish file membership

test0071
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I tried using the api  relinquish_file_membership. for which I followed teh following:

1. create a file , shared the file with someone and then tried to relinquish_file_memebrship howwver I get the error "The member doesn’t have access to the file"

2.  Someone else created the file and shared the file with me. Now, I treid the same API to relinquish file memebership, in which case I get teh error "You don’t have permission to perform this action."

Could you pelase let me know when and how does relinquish file membership works.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
1. The /2/sharing/relinquish_file_membership endpoint is meant for giving up access to a file that has been shared with you. If it's a file you own (i.e., it's in your account), you can't do so.

2. If the endpoint isn't working as expected for a member, please share the code and full output of /2/sharing/relinquish_file_membership, /2/sharing/list_file_members, and /2/users/get_current_account to help sort it out.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?