cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rest API returns "error_summary": "invalid_access_token/..."

Rest API returns "error_summary": "invalid_access_token/..."

austina
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

Invoking the rest api https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/team/token/get_authenticated_admin 

returns  

{

"error_summary": "invalid_access_token/...",

"error": {

".tag": "invalid_access_token"

}

}

response. 

The X-Dropbox-Request-Id is 389d4047b711487286d7682b45b666bd 

Can you please let me know what went wrong? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, if the app is disconnected (also sometimes called "unlinked"), that will revoke the access token(s), and using any such access token will result in that error.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

An 'invalid_access_token' error like this should indicate that the access token the client is providing (in the "Authorization" header) is not valid. For instance, it is not an actual access token string, or the access token was revoked.

Are you using a valid access token? I recommend reading the OAuth Guide and Error Handling Guide for reference.

austina
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am using an access token that I got from the logs. I don't think it was altered.

The error handling guide mentions that "Dropbox users may revoke API authorizations (as described here)". Will I get this error if a team admin account holder disconnects my app from their dropbox account? 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, if the app is disconnected (also sometimes called "unlinked"), that will revoke the access token(s), and using any such access token will result in that error.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    austina Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?