cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scoped App (App Folder) and viewing files in explorer

Scoped App (App Folder) and viewing files in explorer

rhhtds
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dear Sirs

I have created a scoped app ( app folder ). I have uploaded some files to it. This seems to work fine. BUT now I would like to view the actual files in windows explorer. But my dropbox in windows explorer or the dropbox account don't see the new app folder. 

I feel I am missing something essential here, but what ???

Any help is apricated

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rhhtds
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks, it was the 

• Make sure you're using an access token for the particular API app that you expect to be using. If you're not sure, you may want to get a new access token for the API app.

That made me se that I used the wrong access token ...

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There are a few things that come to mind here:

• When first created, app folders are put inside a top level folder, so you'd need to look inside that folder to find the app folder. If the account is set to English, that top folder will be called "Apps", but there are different translations for other languages.
  • Make sure your desktop client/browser are signed in the same account that your API app is connected to. (You can use /2/users/get_current_account, or corresponding native method in an SDK/library, to check what account the API app is connected to. You can compare that to the signed in account in Dropbox.)
  • Make sure you're using an access token for the particular API app that you expect to be using. If you're not sure, you may want to get a new access token for the API app.
  • Make sure the desktop client is syncing properly.

rhhtds
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks, it was the 

That made me se that I used the wrong access token ...

Thanks

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

rhhtds New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?