cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share a folder for uploading files

Share a folder for uploading files

Zensible
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, 

I need to be able to create, share, and send a link to a folder that can be used to upload a file by anyone with the link. 

I need to be able to do this automatically. When I create the folder and create a share, by default, it is read-only. How can I do this automatically using Zapier, integromat, or possibly API 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

In order to make API calls, you will need to have an API app.

The 'missing_scope' error indicates that while the app is permitted to use that scope, the particular access token you're using to make the API call does not have that scope granted. Also, be aware that just adding a scope to your app via the App Console does not retroactively grant that scope to existing access tokens.

That being the case, to make any API calls that require that scope, you'll need to get a new access token with that scope, like you did.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like you may be interested in the Dropbox "file request" feature, which is a way to get a link to a page where people can upload files to a pre-specified folder in your account.

You can also create file requests programmatically, via the /2/file_requests/create endpoint (or corresponding native method in an SDK).

Zensible
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes!! That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. I will check this out and get back to you. Cheers 👍

Zensible
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Sorry for the follow-up questions but do I need to create an app for this or can I just use my User Auth? 

I have created an app and I'm trying with Postman to get this going based on the example but I'm getting the following error: 

{
    "error_summary": "missing_scope/..",
    "error": {
        ".tag": "missing_scope",
        "required_scope": "file_requests.write"
    }
}

I have given the app "file_requests.write" access. What am I doing wrong here? 

Cheers 

Zensible
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I think I have fixed this by recreating the token. Still unsure if this is the right way to go though i.e creating an app

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

In order to make API calls, you will need to have an API app.

The 'missing_scope' error indicates that while the app is permitted to use that scope, the particular access token you're using to make the API call does not have that scope granted. Also, be aware that just adding a scope to your app via the App Console does not retroactively grant that scope to existing access tokens.

That being the case, to make any API calls that require that scope, you'll need to get a new access token with that scope, like you did.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Zensible Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?