cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share a folder via the API

Share a folder via the API

Zensible
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to share a folder once it has been created via the FileRequest process.

I'm using the API to send a file request, when the requestee has uploaded the file, a folder is created automatically based on the File Request. I need to be able to find and then share that folder. the only information I hold is the folder name at this point. 

Is this possible? what are the steps involved?

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you just want a shared link to the folder, you can use /2/sharing/create_shared_link_with_settings.

Or, if you want to share the folder itself so it can be added to another account, you can use /2/sharing/share_folder to make it into a shared folder, and /2/sharing/add_folder_member to invite other people to it.

The Sharing Guide may also be helpful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you just want a shared link to the folder, you can use /2/sharing/create_shared_link_with_settings.

Or, if you want to share the folder itself so it can be added to another account, you can use /2/sharing/share_folder to make it into a shared folder, and /2/sharing/add_folder_member to invite other people to it.

The Sharing Guide may also be helpful.

Zensible
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

That's great. Working perfectly 👍

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Zensible Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?