cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size of the deleted files.

Size of the deleted files.

rk90
Helpful | Level 5

How do I find out the size of deleted files? I use /2/files/list_folder with include_deleted=True, I can see the deleted items, but there is no size info.

4 Replies 4

DBX_Robert
Dropbox Staff

You are correct that the `/2/files/list_folder` endpoint does not include size information for deleted files.  Have you tried using the `/2/files/list_revisions` endpoint.  This endpoint will return a list of historical data about the file, including file size, and can be used on current files or deleted files.

rk90
Helpful | Level 5

No, I haven't looked at list_revisions. But this leads me to another question and that is about deleted folders. I guess deleted items can be restored, but I want to check the size of all deleted items. So which endpoint do I need to query to get the size of deleted files/folders.

I am surprised to see that Dropbox doesn't have an API to return just the deleted items.

Paula14
New member | Level 2
K

DBX_Robert
Dropbox Staff

You are correct that we don't have an endpoint to just list deleted files and folders.  This has been a feature request in the past.  I will add your interest to that request.   We also do not have an endpoint to return aggregate folder size.  Again, an existing request I can update with your interested.

As for how to compute this information today.  I suggest using "/files/list_folder" to compile a list of all deleted files. Then, for each deleted file in that list, use the "/files/list_revisions" endpoint to find the most recent file size of that file.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DBX_Robert Dropbox Staff
    Paula14 New member | Level 2
    rk90 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?