cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Steering iOS dropbox app to go to a folder location

Steering iOS dropbox app to go to a folder location

PeterW
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi people,

I need to guide people from an external app (FileMaker Go) to the correct dropbox folder. I found something but it's probably a bit of a hack, and it only works with shared folders. I use 

"dbapi-6://1/viewLink?url=" with the encryped path of a shared folder link. It works fine,  the dropbox app activates and goes to the correct folder. But again, it's not documented and I would like this to work with folders within a shared folder. But looking at the list_files instruction in the API, it only has those encryped file paths for shared folders. So I'm looking for a way to drive the DropBox app to select one of those, using a similar simple URL method. It could be simple, but I'm a bit of noob in this dropbox API, and I just don't see it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Unfortunately, we don't currently have a good/documented way deep link to paths in the app like this, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Unfortunately, we don't currently have a good/documented way deep link to paths in the app like this, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request.

PeterW
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Thanks for your clear and immediate reply. And for passing this along to development. I hope this feature request makes it.

PeterW
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

I know I should be looking at the documentation first before asking this again, but maybe someone can quickly answer this one with a yes or no. The customer just asked me again, now almost 3 years later. Has dropbox meanwhile implemented an API method to "deep link paths" in the app?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, unfortunately we still don't offer an official way to do this. Apologies I don't have better news for you!

Need more support?