cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swift 3.0 DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient.files.download got very slow response

Swift 3.0 DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient.files.download got very slow response

Putthira
Explorer | Level 3

Hi I am a new swift developer and currently I'm working on retrieving photos from dropbox. The thing is after retrieving the photo path, I manage to download the photo from that path by using the SwiftyDropbox dowload. However, each response take very long to fully retrieve photo url. Please let me know in case I need to do something. 

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The Dropbox API itself doesn't offer control over the speed you get to the API, and just tries to use the maximum speed possible. There are a number of factors that can affect the speed at which you can upload files to and download files from the Dropbox servers though. This includes your connection to the Internet, how the data is routed to Dropbox, and the hardware specifications on your device.

When it comes to your Internet connection, you can only upload/download as fast as your Internet service provider (ISP) allows, and your speeds may be slower than what your ISP rates it. Sometimes resetting or retrying your connection gets you a different route and better speeds, but that is outside of our control. Some ISPs also throttle sustained connections so if you see an initial high connection speed followed by lower speeds, that could be the reason.

The specifications of your hardware can also play a part. If you own an older device, your device may not be powerful enough to upload files at a faster speed. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?