cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SwiftyDropbox API Error

SwiftyDropbox API Error

pehuen s.
New member | Level 1

After doing all the steps you indicated here --> https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2015/05/try-out-swiftydropbox-the-new-swift-sdk-for-dropbox-api...

I could logged in a client successfully but then if I want for example to retrieve user's data with client.usersGetCurrentAccount function, I always got the same error:

Bad Input: Error in call to API function "users/get_current_account": Your app is not currently allowed to use the API v2 beta API.

9 Replies 9

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Is your app registered for the file type permission? The file type permission currently isn't supported by the API v2 beta, so you'll need to use a different permission for now.

Justin H.1
New member | Level 1

Hey Dropbox,

I have the same issue, and the reason is clear. I just wondered if you could shed some light on when the API v2 is expected to be ready for production (and thus support file-type permissions).
I'm doing some pre-work on an app for both iOS and Android that needs Drobox integration. I prefer to use API v2 right away, but an expected release date would be nice!

Perhaps it would also be smart to mention this in your introduction articles for the API v2. Both for Swift and .NET I saw you recommend creating an app in the console, but that file-type permissions aren't supported isn't mentioned there. Unless I'm mistaken that means you can only access file created by your own app right?

Further everything looks pretty nice and is easy implemented. Also the older ObjC frameworks work right out of the box. Perhaps point a bit more towards using Cocoapods (like you do with the SwiftyDropbox article).

Thanks for any info and keep up the good work.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback Justin. We don't have a public release date quite to share yet unfortunately. 

You may want to subscribe to the blog though:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/blog

Anyway, both the app folder and full Dropbox permission are currently supported by the API v2 beta. You can find more information on the different permissions here:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/devguide#app-permissions

anchal j.
New member | Level 1

Earlier I had created an app with file type app permission. Now we are using the Dropbox API v2 for Windows Phone application , I could log in a client successfully but if I want to retrieve user's data with dropboxclient.usersGetCurrentAccount function, I always got the same error:

Bad Input: Error in call to API function "users/get_current_account": Your app is not currently allowed to use the API v2 beta API.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards, 

Anchal Jain

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi Anchal, please don't post the same question repeatedly. I've answered your question both in the other thread you posted in, as well as the ticket you filed.

anchal j.
New member | Level 1

Thanks for the quick reply Gregory.

I will make sure not to post repeated questions in the future.

But i  was able to use api v2 with file type permission till yesterday, so how was that possible. ? Did this change occur overnight ?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I'm not sure offhand if/what changed or when, but API v2 doesn't/hasn't officially supported that permission, so you'll need to use another in order to use API v2:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps/create

anchal j.
New member | Level 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It sounds like you have a different question now, so please open a new thread with the details, so as to not spam the other people on this thread.

Need more support?