cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Examples

Sync Examples

Mark R.5
Helpful | Level 5

When the retirement of the Sync API (and the turning off of API V1) was announced I recall there being a post from a Dropbox team member saying not to worry and you would be able to implement syncing using API V2. To facilitate this it was stated that examples would be provided to help out Dropbox Sync users with code examples, blogs and so on.

I can't see that anything like this has appeared. Is there any documentation anywhere which will help people transition from the Dropbox Sync API to something equivalent using the Core API 2?

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Hi Mark, I'm not aware of any particular resources like that, beyond the sample code included with the new SDKs, but I'll send this along as a request to the team.

I'll be happy to help with any particular issues or questions you have with API v2. Please feel free to reply here with details.

Mark R.5
Helpful | Level 5
It is a shame that all that background processing code is going to be lost. I can understand the decision to drop it, but would be nice to take some of the pain out of migrating. Even if it just meant open sourcing the old library.

Anyway, I hope to start the migration process soon, so will take it up here if and when I hit any issues.

Eric-H
Explorer | Level 3

I'm really surprised (and disappointed) that there's not a sync API in v2 that allows the synchronizing of a folder.  If you know of any examples of how people have gotten around this, please let me know.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Eric-H Explorer | Level 3
    Mark R.5 Helpful | Level 5
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?