cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The check API always returns Internal_error

The check API always returns Internal_error

nickbrit
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/copy_batch/check always returns `Internal_error` for me. 

The documentation says `This should happen very rarely`. 

Is it something on my end? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks! I see you're running a filesUploadSessionFinishBatch job, but are trying to check it using filesCopyBatchCheck. For filesUploadSessionFinishBatch jobs, you should use filesUploadSessionFinishBatchCheck to check it:

https://dropbox.github.io/dropbox-sdk-js/Dropbox.html#filesUploadSessionFinishBatchCheck__anchor

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
To clarify, are you seeing this consistently for a particular job ID, or for multiple different job IDs?

Once you get `internal_error` for a particular job ID, you should stop checking the job status, as it won't change for that job ID. The `internal_error` failure should be considered permanent, so you need to try to re-run the copy_batch operation itself.

If you're getting this consistently across multiple jobs, please share the code you're using, as well as a few sample job IDs, so we can look into it for you.

nickbrit
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm using Javascript SDK.

dbx.filesUploadSessionStart({ close: close, contents: toUpload }).then((response) => {
                this.entries.push({
                    cursor: {
                        session_id: response.session_id,
                        offset: 0
                    },
                    "commit": {
                        'path': this.path + '/' + toUpload.name,
                        'mode': 'add',
                        'mute': false
                    }
                })
                resolve(response);
});

I run it twice, for exmple. First time close is `false`, the second one is `true`.

And I call `/upload_session/finish_batch`:

dbx.filesUploadSessionFinishBatch({ 'entries': this.entries}).then((response) => {
});

And I call `check` with `async_job_id`:

dbx.filesCopyBatchCheck({ 'async_job_id': async_job_id })

Frist time it returns `in progress`, second time it returns `Internal_error`

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks! I see you're running a filesUploadSessionFinishBatch job, but are trying to check it using filesCopyBatchCheck. For filesUploadSessionFinishBatch jobs, you should use filesUploadSessionFinishBatchCheck to check it:

https://dropbox.github.io/dropbox-sdk-js/Dropbox.html#filesUploadSessionFinishBatchCheck__anchor

nickbrit
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes, sorry. Just realized it. 

Thank you

Need more support?