cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The endpoint for uploading files via dropbox web client has been changed?

The endpoint for uploading files via dropbox web client has been changed?

sergey_popov
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello!

I monitor user's requests for upload files via dropbox web client in browser (because of enterprise policy). Earlier, I just analyze the http request to /chunked_upload endpoint. The query contained file name, chunk number, chunks count and other useful information. But now when I try to upload a file to my personal storage I see requests to other endpoint: /upload_web_file_block. I don't find any information about this endpoint. Please, give me some explanations if it possible. And one more little question - can I configure dropbox web client to use the old endpoint?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The implementation details of the Dropbox web site are subject to change without notice, and may not always use the standard public Dropbox API. The /upload_web_file_block endpoint is not part of the public API, so I don't have any documentation to share for that.

It's also not possible to configure the implementation of the Dropbox web site like this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The implementation details of the Dropbox web site are subject to change without notice, and may not always use the standard public Dropbox API. The /upload_web_file_block endpoint is not part of the public API, so I don't have any documentation to share for that.

It's also not possible to configure the implementation of the Dropbox web site like this.

sergey_popov
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It was expected answer.

Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sergey_popov New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?