cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changing my mp3 files with raw=1 in order to play my MP3 player on my tumblr page

The raw=1 parameter for shared links is not working again for my mp3 player. Can you help?

hahmed44
Explorer | Level 3

using raw=1 is no longer working with my dropbox mp3 links.  it used to work but not anymore with my mp3 player. im frustrated because this seems to happen to me often. please tell me how i can get my mp3 dropbox link to work again with a mp3 player. i hate when this happens. thank you kindly, Hahmed44

12 Replies 12

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@hahmed44 I just gave the code you shared in this comment a try in Chrome and it actually worked fine for me and played the audio. Likewise, I checked the Dropbox shared link itself and it also seems to be working. That being the case, it sounds like this may be an issue with your browser or media player, but unfortunately we can't offer help with those as they're not made by Dropbox.

I also tried loading the Tumblr page you linked to, and I noticed there were a number of errors and warnings in the JavaScript console, so I recommend investigating those.

hahmed44
Explorer | Level 3

greg,

thanks so much for your response and help with my problems with my mp3 dropbox links not working even when i use raw=1.

i will look into trying chrome instead of firefox but i wonder if others can or cannot hear my player if they arent using chrome like me.

i hope my player and dropbox links work. if not, i hope you dont mind if i continue picking your brain in the future.

thanks so much.

cheers!

hana

p.s.

as for the javascript problems---that's just over my head. i have no clue as to how to fix those javascript issues and really what youre talking about. does it have anything to do with my mp3 dropbox problems?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@hahmed44 I did not investigate the errors in detail. You'll need to use the browser's developer tools to inspect and debug them. it's certainly possible they are related to the issue you're having with your player. 

I didn't see anything broken on the Dropbox side, but let us know if you find an issue with Dropbox itself that we can help with. 

Need more support?