cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track Send and Read (or Open) In Dropbox

Track Send and Read (or Open) In Dropbox

Steve S.25
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a FileMaker database that tracks information for notifications (warning and fines) that are exported into (.pdfs) and then manually uploaded to Dropbox. I recently found an example of someone who used drag-and-drop into a container field and then uploads the file to Dropbox using FileMaker Pro 16 and json. I want to be able to track when a file is accessed (read or downloaded) and by whom (either an email address or the person's name or other unique identifier) to confirm that they have at least opened or downloaded the file with a datetimestamp. I don't want a dependency on the person being a Dropbox user. Is this functionality available through an API in Dropbox through json? Has anyone already done this with FileMaker?

I would want to be able to download the following information from Dropbox to FileMaker through an API:

1. The filename.
  2. The datetimestamp that the file was opened or downloaded.
  3. The unique identifier of the person who downloaded the file (email address, name, etc.)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the post! The Dropbox API doesn't offer anything quite like this unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the post! The Dropbox API doesn't offer anything quite like this unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

Steve S.25
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the quick response and information.

—

Steve

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Steve S.25 New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?