cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL Unauthorized access error while accessing files from dropbox?

URL Unauthorized access error while accessing files from dropbox?

sobharaj m.
New member | Level 1

we are accessing having a problem in URL we have a file named xyx (1).jpg while passing this to server we are getting response as Unauthorized Access. May I Know how to pass this request to Server?

Here am using DropBox API for Winrt C#.

39 Replies 39

sobharaj m.
New member | Level 1

yes exactly we are using that one only. So you recommend me to use PlainText Signature with oAuth1. Thank you for your response if i have any problem get back to you again.

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

I edited your post to remove the signature, but you may want to get a new app key and secret now that yours has been published here.

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

The signature that you originally posted looks broken... it should have an ampersand (&) at the end of it. (When URL-encoded, and ampersand ends up being a %26.) See https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2012/07/using-oauth-1-0-with-the-plaintext-signature-method/ for an example.

sobharaj m.
New member | Level 1

Hi I used PLAINTEXT but now it is not showing even single image thumbnail. but when i clicked on it it showing full image .

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

If I understand you correctly, you're no longer getting an "unauthorized access" error at all. Is that right?

If so, please explain the new issue you're seeing. Include the relevant code, what you expected to happen, and what actually happened.

sobharaj m.
New member | Level 1

No but now am getting Unauthorized Exception in case of showing thumbnails we are using this url( https://api-content.dropbox.com/1/thumbnails/auto ) It is always giving us above mentioned exception. How to get Thumbnails of Images from dropbox.

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

So you're still getting an "unauthorized error" message? Is this on all paths or still just the ones that include parentheses? Are you still using HMAC signing, or have you switched to PLAINTEXT?

Is it only /thumbnails that fails, or do other endpoints also fail?

sobharaj m.
New member | Level 1

Am using PLAINTEXT only. Yes it fails only for Thumbnails.

sobharaj m.
New member | Level 1

It is on all paths but only for Thumbnails.

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

Please share code for a call that works (something other than /thumbnails) and a call that doesn't work (/thumbnails).

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sobharaj m. New member | Level 1
    Steve M. Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?