cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade api v1 to v2 (objective-c)

Upgrade api v1 to v2 (objective-c)

m-grachev
Explorer | Level 3

I import  ObjectiveDropboxOfficial sdk in my project. But I have a problem with logining without installed Dropbox app on device, and also on the simulator (iOS 9 and 10).
After calling  
DBClientsManager authorizeFromController.... I have empty white screen and input in log

DBSDKReachability Flag Status: -R ------- networkStatusForFlags

-canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2://1/connect" - error: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10814.)"

-canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-8-emm://1/connect" - error: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10814.)"

I use only iPad.
I upgraded project from api v1 -> v2 by instruction

<key>LSApplicationQueriesSchemes</key>
    <array>
        <string>dbapi-8-emm</string>
        <string>dbapi-2</string>
    </array>

If installed Dropbox app all works as well. Also I tried Clear project and remove DerivedData. 
Please help.

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
If the official Dropbox iOS app is installed, the SDK will automatically use that for the app authorization flow. (That way, the user doesn't have to sign in again.)

This message can happen when the SDK checks if the official app is installed, and this error code indicates that it is not. This should be safe to ignore though, as the SDK should automatically handle this and fall back to the in-app version of the authorization flow.

It sounds like that's where you're seeing a white screen though, instead of the app authorization page. Can you share a screenshot of your app at that point so we can make sure we understand what's happening? It sounds like there may be an issue loading the page, so make sure nothing is interfering with the network requests to www.dropbox.com.

Also, please let us know the version number of the SDK you have installed. Thanks in advance!

m-grachev
Explorer | Level 3

I use 'ObjectiveDropboxOfficial', '3.0.18'
White screen move from right side on full screen.
I have internet connection.
In dropbox api v1 logging screen show from this controller without problem.
Also when I use ObjectiveDropboxOfficial with Dropbox app, I have message, what I use old Dropbox platform, see attached screenshot. Is it normal?
Tap login(Import) buttonTap login(Import) buttonLogin screen into appLogin screen into appLogin in Dropbox app with api 2.0Login in Dropbox app with api 2.0

Stephen C.14
Dropbox Staff

It looks like you are receiving the API v1 deprecation warning because you have not yet acknowledged the API v1 deprecation.

Please login to Dropbox and go to https://www.dropbox.com/developers, and the click the acknowledge button on the big yellow banner that appears. Then, this warning will go away.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Stephen C.14 Dropbox Staff
    m-grachev Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?