cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upload images from different devices into one dropbox account folder

Upload images from different devices into one dropbox account folder

Rasa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

Is there any way to upload images from different devices into one account using dropbox v2 API. I made project in app console and use Android sample from Github, but when I test my app it autentificates on personal dropbox account and upload images there. Can we use the 

startOAuth2Authentication

method for one account from multiple different Android devices? Sorry for my bad English, I hope that someone will understand my quetion. Thank's in advance.

Kind regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The API was designed with the intention that each user would link their own Dropbox account, in order to interact with their own files. It is technically possible to connect to just one account. The SDKs don't offer explicit support for it and we don't recommend doing so, for various technical and security reasons.

However if you did go this route, instead of kicking off the authorization flow, you would embed an existing access token for your account and app. Again though, this is not recommended. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The API was designed with the intention that each user would link their own Dropbox account, in order to interact with their own files. It is technically possible to connect to just one account. The SDKs don't offer explicit support for it and we don't recommend doing so, for various technical and security reasons.

However if you did go this route, instead of kicking off the authorization flow, you would embed an existing access token for your account and app. Again though, this is not recommended. 

Need more support?