cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhook notification not sent when new file is shared to an account

Webhook notification not sent when new file is shared to an account

tomas1808
New member | Level 2

Hi. I would like to get notified (via webhooks) when a file is shared to an account. I get notified for everything except this. Is it possible? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Webhook notification not sent when new file is shared to an account

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

No, unfortunately Dropbox webhooks aren't sent for sharing events like this, e.g., when a user is given access to a shared file, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

Dropbox webhooks currently only get sent when there is a change the actual contents of the connected user's Dropbox account. This would include when something changes in shared folders that they have mounted in their Dropbox, but not when a file is shared to them, since that doesn't get added to their Dropbox file/folder listing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

No, unfortunately Dropbox webhooks aren't sent for sharing events like this, e.g., when a user is given access to a shared file, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

Dropbox webhooks currently only get sent when there is a change the actual contents of the connected user's Dropbox account. This would include when something changes in shared folders that they have mounted in their Dropbox, but not when a file is shared to them, since that doesn't get added to their Dropbox file/folder listing.

tomas1808
New member | Level 2

Thank you Greg

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tomas1808 New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?