cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with Individual API and Business API endpoints?

Working with Individual API and Business API endpoints?

hbuuutag
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am trying to look up all members of a team using the business API, and then identify the user's root field and download all the files. 

I've got each individual element working but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the business and user api's working in tandem. Any advice or documentation on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

To use both the individual user endpoints and the Business endpoints for a connected team, you should use a "Dropbox Business API" app with the "team member file access" permission. You can register one here if you haven't already. (Note that Dropbox Business API apps can only be connected to Business teams.)

With that kind of app, you can use the Business endpoints for a connected team, but also call the user endpoints for any particular member of a connected team via the "member file access" feature

For example, you can use /2/team/members/list[/continue] to list all of the members of the connected team, and then call user endpoints like /2/users/get_current_account or /2/files/download for any particular member by specifying the member ID in the 'Dropbox-API-Select-User' header.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

To use both the individual user endpoints and the Business endpoints for a connected team, you should use a "Dropbox Business API" app with the "team member file access" permission. You can register one here if you haven't already. (Note that Dropbox Business API apps can only be connected to Business teams.)

With that kind of app, you can use the Business endpoints for a connected team, but also call the user endpoints for any particular member of a connected team via the "member file access" feature

For example, you can use /2/team/members/list[/continue] to list all of the members of the connected team, and then call user endpoints like /2/users/get_current_account or /2/files/download for any particular member by specifying the member ID in the 'Dropbox-API-Select-User' header.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?