cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

h youRe: Xamarin Forms DropBox Api v2 C# Redirect Uri for iOS and Android

Xamarin Forms DropBox Api v2 C# Redirect Uri for iOS and Android

mazinncr9
New member | Level 2

I used Dropbox api and successfulley got the token and and uploaded and download to and from Dropbox from both iOS and Android. Where my problem arise when the user gives app permission to dropbox there appears a code that has to be copy pasted by the user which is then used to get the access token. Recently I found some apps fetching that code automatically to app .Help me doing it and I have no idea about the redirect Uri 

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It sounds like you're currently using the OAuth 2 "code" flow without a redirect URI, so that the user needs to copy and paste the authorization code into your app to complete the app authorization flow.

It is possible to streamline this by using a "redirect URI", so that the authorization code (or access token, for the "token" flow) is automatically passed to your app. To do this, you should specify the 'redirect_uri' in the /oauth2/authorize URL. You can find more information on using this in the documentation for /oauth2/authorize. I also recommend reading the OAuth Guide, if you haven't already.

We also recommend using one of the official SDKs, if possible, as they'll do most of the work for you. For instance, the SimpleBlogDemo example app for the .NET SDK has an example of using a redirect URI with the OAut....

We don't have an official SDK for Xamarin though, so this may require some more work to do this in Xamarin on iOS/Android. For native clients like that, you can use a custom local URL scheme for your redirect URI.

mazinncr91
New member | Level 2

Thanks for the response. Yeah you are right. I used it without Redirect Uri .I don't know the Redirect uri of Android and iOS apps. Can you help me to achieve it?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
There isn't a particular redirect URI I can share; the redirect URI is something you would choose and define in your app.

We can't officially support Xamarin, but we recommend using one of the official Dropbox SDKs if possible.

There's an old thread here that may be helpful for doing this in Xamarin though:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/API-Support-Feedback/Dropbox-Xamarin-OAuth-Flow-Question-Retrieving-...
Need more support?