cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You must be a team administrator to perform this operation.

You must be a team administrator to perform this operation.

denistca
New member | Level 2

Hi, 
I'm trying to create an app:  Full Dropbox – Access to all files and folders in a user's Dropbox.
When I set permissions files.content.read, files.permanent_delete I cannot generate the access token.
Getting error: You must be a team administrator to perform this operation.

When I do genereate tha access token first and then set the permissions, I'm getting the error from API: 
{"error_summary": "missing_scope/.", "error": {".tag": "missing_scope", "required_scope": "files.metadata.read"}}

Is there a way to create an full dropbox app with read, delete files permission which will work?
Thanks

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Yes, if you need to be able to read and delete files, you can register a Full Dropbox app with the "files.content.read" and "files.content.write" scopes. The "files.content.write" scope lets you both write and delete files.

The "files.permanent_delete" scope is only needed for permanently deleting files, not just deleting files. You can see which scope is required for each endpoint in the API documentation. That "files.permanent_delete" scope is only available as a team scope though, so you would need to be a team admin to authorize it if you need it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?