cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You must be a team administrator to perform this operation.

You must be a team administrator to perform this operation.

denistca
New member | Level 2

Hi, 
I'm trying to create an app:  Full Dropbox – Access to all files and folders in a user's Dropbox.
When I set permissions files.content.read, files.permanent_delete I cannot generate the access token.
Getting error: You must be a team administrator to perform this operation.

When I do genereate tha access token first and then set the permissions, I'm getting the error from API: 
{"error_summary": "missing_scope/.", "error": {".tag": "missing_scope", "required_scope": "files.metadata.read"}}

Is there a way to create an full dropbox app with read, delete files permission which will work?
Thanks

1 Reply 1

Re: You must be a team administrator to perform this operation.

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

Yes, if you need to be able to read and delete files, you can register a Full Dropbox app with the "files.content.read" and "files.content.write" scopes. The "files.content.write" scope lets you both write and delete files.

The "files.permanent_delete" scope is only needed for permanently deleting files, not just deleting files. You can see which scope is required for each endpoint in the API documentation. That "files.permanent_delete" scope is only available as a team scope though, so you would need to be a team admin to authorize it if you need it.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?