cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-8-emm://1/connect" - error: "The operation couldn’t be completed

-canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-8-emm://1/connect" - error: "The operation couldn’t be completed

rbazaldua
Explorer | Level 4

I am getting the errors below after the following swift code:

DropboxClientsManager.authorizeFromController(UIApplication.shared,

controller: self,

openURL: { (url: URL) -> Void in

UIApplication.shared.openURL(url)

})

2019-05-08 20:11:56.664761-0500 DropBoxExample2[313:14412] -canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2://1/connect" - error: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10814.)"

2019-05-08 20:11:56.665540-0500 DropBoxExample2[313:14412] -canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-8-emm://1/connect" - error: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10814.)"

2019-05-08 20:11:56.670493-0500 DropBoxExample2[313:14412] Warning: Attempt to present <SwiftyDropbox.MobileSafariViewController: 0x103814600> on <DropBoxExample2.ViewController: 0x102d1bbd0> whose view is not in the window hierarchy!

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Those '10814' errors can be ignored. They just mean that the official Dropbox iOS app isn't installed, so the app authorization flow is sent through Safari instead.

Is the app authorization flow not working for you though? E.g., is the app authorization page not appearing at all? If not, based on that third message, that's likely because you're triggering the flow before your app's view is finished loading. In that case, try calling `authorizeFromController` only once the user taps on a particular button (as opposed to in, say, `viewWillAppear` or the like).

rbazaldua
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Greg it works now!

My authorization page was not coming up,  so I moved the `authorizeFromController` to its own func and only once the user taps on a button it is called. I am still getting those errors but I am ignoring them.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

rbazaldua Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?