cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

choose “Permission type: Scoped App” Error

choose “Permission type: Scoped App” Error

flyzero
Explorer | Level 3

I used flutter to develop the app, but there's no official sdk, so I used dropbox api, and when I created the app I chose "Permission type: Scoped App", and I used oauth2/authorize. When you go to log in, nothing responds in the browser, is this a bug?

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The /oauth2/authorize page and login flow should be working for scoped apps. I just tried it and it is working for me.

We'll be happy to look into this, but we'll need some more information. First, can you elaborate on what you mean when you say "nothing responds in the browser"? Feel free to provide screenshots or a screencast if that would be helpful.

Also, please let me know the full  URL of the page and the name and version number of the browser(s) where you're seeing this.

flyzero
Explorer | Level 3

The video link is video.mp4 , and brower info is Android 10, chrome 84.0.4147.125.

url is https://www.dropbox.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=xxx&response_type=code&code_challenge=a95bc16631a... 

client_id is input my app_key, and redirect_uri such as "scheme://xxx/xx"

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks! That's helpful. It looks like the issue here is that the app you're attempting to authorize has team scopes, but the account you're signing in to is not on a team, and so cannot connect an app with team scopes.

Accordingly, you're being prompted to sign in again with a team account in order to connect the app. Normally, when signing in with Dropbox credentials, the page would show an error message indicating as much. This doesn't appear to be displayed when using the Google Sign In flow though. I'll ask the team to fix that up to show the error in that case as well.

flyzero
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you very much, I didn't pass the "scope" parameter when requesting the "https://www.dropbox.com/oauth2/authorize" address. Thank you for your answer.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

flyzero Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?