cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

databricks pyspark/ python download data from shared url and password

databricks pyspark/ python download data from shared url and password

ankg
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have received a dropbox shared secure link and password which I want to connect to my databricks environment so that I can download the files from dropbox to my databricks environment. 

Appreciate if someone can share an example code to do that. I have a dropbox url and password. 

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Re: databricks pyspark/ python download data from shared url and password

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

We can't offer help on the Databricks/Pyspark side of this, as that's made by a third party, but to programmatically download file data from a password-protected Dropbox shared link, we recommend using the official Dropbox API v2 Python SDK. Specifically, you can use the sharing_get_shared_link_file method to download file data from a shared link, optionally supplying the password if needed.

That would look like this:

import dropbox

ACCESS_TOKEN = "..."

dbx = dropbox.Dropbox(ACCESS_TOKEN)

shared_link = "https://www.dropbox.com/s/..."
password = "..."

metadata, res = dbx.sharing_get_shared_link_file(url=shared_link, link_password=password)
print(metadata)
print(res.text)

The second variable in the returned tuple is a requests.Response object, which offers a few methods for reading out the file content.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?