cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dbx.auth not working / getAccessTokenFromCode giving 400 response?

dbx.auth not working / getAccessTokenFromCode giving 400 response?

bffy_smmmers
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm trying to access the `getAccessTokenFromCode` method and I keep receiving a 400 error. On top of that, I can't seem to write the code and get it to work in the way it's written in the Auth example from the JavaScript SDK. `dbx.auth` does not work for me whether I construct an instance of Dropbox or DropboxAuth.

When i call `dbx.GetAccessTokenFromCode(redirectURI, code)`, I get a 400 response. I'm using the latest version (9.2.0). Furthermore, I read that `getAccessTokenFromCode` accepts null as a value in redirect uri as of version 5.0 and that doesn't work for me here either. Any help is so much appreciated.  Thanks! 

Example (Leaving a lot out since all I want to show is that token.result.refresh_token doesn't exist for me, just token.result.

const dbx = new Dropbox(config);

dbx.auth
.getAccessTokenFromCode(redirectUri, code)
.then(token => {
console.log(`Token Result:${JSON.stringify(token)}`);
dbx.auth.setRefreshToken(token.result.refresh_token);
dbx
.usersGetCurrentAccount()
.then(response => {
console.log('response', response);
})

What I have to do is use the DropboxAuth class - which still doesn't work. (I'm using TypeScript, if it matters) 
const dbx = new DropboxAuth(config)

try {
const data = await dbx.getAccessTokenFromCode('some redirectURL',code)
} catch (err){
console.log(err.message)
}

12 Replies 12

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That's correct, that parameter isn't currently implemented in the Dropbox JavaScript SDK, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request. You can add it to the /oauth2/authorize URL in your app's own code though, by modifying the URL returned by getAuthenticationUrl.

bffy_smmmers
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Greg-DB Would you be able to expand on how that exactly gets done? Thanks! 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

For example, where authUrl is the URL you got from getAuthenticationUrl, you can modify it like this:

var url = new URL(authUrl);
var urlParams = new URLSearchParams(url.search);
urlParams.set('force_reapprove', 'true');
url.search = urlParams;
console.log(url.href);
Need more support?