cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: download folder and avoid time to make zip with JS sdk

download folder and avoid time to make zip with JS sdk

raziel79
Helpful | Level 6

Hi all,

i am working on wrapper for dropbox and i need to select all files in a folder and download as zip without waiting for zip creating in background with JS SDK. fileDownloadZip wait for zip make but is not what i need

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The Dropbox JavaScript SDK doesn't offer a way to work around this unfortunately; the download result is only returned once the response is complete. I'll send this along as a feature request, but I can't promise if/when a way to do this would be implemented.

That being the case, you may want to look into streaming from the /2/files/download_zip endpoint itself, without using the SDK.

raziel79
Helpful | Level 6

Thx Greg, can i use PHP sdk for this? send request to server php endpoint, process with php and return a stream?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

We don't offer a PHP SDK, but you can certainly call the Dropbox API from PHP, and use the result as desired. You can either call the HTTPS endpoints directly from an HTTPS client in PHP, or use a third party library.

Need more support?