cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox API error: SharedLinkWithSettingsError('path', LookupError('not_found', None)))

dropbox API error: SharedLinkWithSettingsError('path', LookupError('not_found', None)))

EstherCD
New member | Level 2

Hello

I am trying to create weblinks for files on my dropbox account. 

print(dbx.sharing_create_shared_link_with_settings("/Apps/Noemiephotos/test.jpg").url)

I am getting this error: SharedLinkWithSettingsError('path', LookupError('not_found', None)))

I also tried "/test.jpg" since the app only as permission to its folder. But it makes no difference

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @EstherCD,

Are you sure the particular file is on place? 🤔 Is the same result when you use the API Explorer?

You can check what's there with listing of content (again, using API Explorer). Use the same token (otherwise the context could differs)!

What's the result? 🧐

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

A 'path/not_found' error like this should indicate that there was nothing found at the specified path. When using an API app with the "app folder" access type like this, the app will only be able to access the contents of the special app folder that it's connected to. In that case, the app should use paths relative to that app folder, meaning it shouldn't send the "/Apps/Noemiephotos" portion. The path "/test.jpg" would be correct for a file named "test.jpg" in the root of the connected app folder.

Здравко's suggestion of checking the file listing is a good idea to validate what's in the app folder that the app is connected to.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?