cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

files/list_folder. Dropbox-API-Select-Admin. Invalid select user id format error.

files/list_folder. Dropbox-API-Select-Admin. Invalid select user id format error.

VictorNemiro
Explorer | Level 4

I am trying to send the files/list_folder request with the 'Dropbox-API-Select-Admin = Whole Team' header. But i get a 400 response (Error in call to API function "files/list_folder": Invalid select user id format)

1. I registered Business Account.
2. Added the '
Team member file access' application.

3. Generated the token

What i do wrong?

My query:
Screenshot_1.jpg

2 Replies 2

Š—Š“рŠ°Š²ŠŗŠ¾
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @VictorNemiro,

On screenshot you posted above can't be seen "Dropbox-API-Select-User" header. Did you set there proper user Id?

Hope this gives right direction.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@VictorNemiro In your screenshot, I see you're setting the "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin" header value to "Whole Team", but you should actually be setting it to the relevant team member ID value.

"Whole Team" is one of the two modes supported by the Dropbox-API-Select-Admin header, but it isn't something you as the caller need to supply. The supported modes are defined by Dropbox and listed in the documentation for each endpoint, such as here for /2/files/list_folder. Support for a particular mode is determined by Dropbox when the endpoint is implemented and does not need to be specified by the caller.

Dropbox Business API apps are connected to the entire team, but they can operate on a specific member of a team, using the "member file access" feature. To do so, you can supply the the Dropbox-API-Select-Admin or Dropbox-API-Select-User header, to specify which member you want to operate on. You do so by sending the relevant team member ID as the header value. Team member IDs start with "dbmid:". You can get them from /2/team/members/get_info or /2/team/members/list[/continue], for instance.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Š—Š“рŠ°Š²ŠŗŠ¾ Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?