Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

`filesSearchMatch` has no `media_info`?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm using Dropbox Javascript SDK.

In documentation, (http://dropbox.github.io/dropbox-sdk-js/global.html#FilesSearchMatch)

`FilesSearchMatch` could have `FilesFileMetadata` and, `FilesFileMetadata` could have `media_info` optionally.

But all my '.jpeg' photos which were taken from cameras(many kinds) have no `media_info` field in `metadata`. 
Is it right?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: `filesSearchMatch` has no `media_info`?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

That behavior is correct. The `media_info` isn't available in FilesFileMetadata in FilesSearchMatch, as retrieved by filesSearch, unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

If you want the `media_info`, you should retrieve the metadata using filesGetMetadata or filesListFolder/filesListFolderContinue, and set include_media_info to true, i.e., in FilesGetMetadataArg for filesGetMetadata or FilesListFolderArg for filesListFolder.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

That behavior is correct. The `media_info` isn't available in FilesFileMetadata in FilesSearchMatch, as retrieved by filesSearch, unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

If you want the `media_info`, you should retrieve the metadata using filesGetMetadata or filesListFolder/filesListFolderContinue, and set include_media_info to true, i.e., in FilesGetMetadataArg for filesGetMetadata or FilesListFolderArg for filesListFolder.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Thank you. I changed my code to use `filesGetMetadata` additionally.
But I think if `FilesSearchMatch` could provide `media_info` also would be nicer.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?