cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting a 409 error and need help

getting a 409 error and need help

tiamat
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm just getting started with the Dropbox API. I want to see a list of all files in my `Camera Uploads` folder (and eventually download them) via the api. I've been following some tutorials and have tried the following:

import { Dropbox } from 'dropbox';

const accessToken = "<my token>";

const dbx = new Dropbox({
      accessToken,
      fetch,
    });

dbx
      .filesListFolder({
        path: '/Camera Uploads',
      })
      .then((response) => console.log(response));

but I get the following 409 error:

"path/not_found/."

Can anybody help? I've tried variations on the 'path' property but can't get anything to work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

A 'path/not_found' error indicates that there's nothing at the specified path, in this case, '/Camera Uploads'. There's a few reasons this might be the case:

• If your app has the "app folder" permission, it can only access the contents of the special "app folder" created for it inside the "Apps" folder (by default at /Apps/<app name>). It won't be able to access anything outside that, such as /Camera Uploads. If you need to access the /Camera Uploads folder, you'll need to register and use an app with the "full Dropbox" permission instead.
  • The folder you're trying to access may be at a different path.
  • You may be connected to a different account that doesn't have that folder.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

A 'path/not_found' error indicates that there's nothing at the specified path, in this case, '/Camera Uploads'. There's a few reasons this might be the case:

• If your app has the "app folder" permission, it can only access the contents of the special "app folder" created for it inside the "Apps" folder (by default at /Apps/<app name>). It won't be able to access anything outside that, such as /Camera Uploads. If you need to access the /Camera Uploads folder, you'll need to register and use an app with the "full Dropbox" permission instead.
  • The folder you're trying to access may be at a different path.
  • You may be connected to a different account that doesn't have that folder.

tiamat
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I get it now. When I created my app, I selected the wrong option for granting access to files.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tiamat Helpful | Level 6
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?