cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 9 website login

iOS 9 website login

Mark R.5
Helpful | Level 5

I realise that the Dropbox app has dropped support for iOS 9. But it also seems that you can no longer login via the Dropbox website (I tried several browsers with no luck). The 'signin' button is always greyed out.

This means my app users can no longer use Dropbox at all on iOS 9 since they cannot link the app to their Dropbox account.

Can you please confirm whether there is a way round this on iOS 9?

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for writing this up. I'm afraid I don't have a workaround to offer here though. The Dropbox website unfortunately does not support the older browser on iOS 9, so it will be prone to incompatibilities like this.

Mark R.5
Helpful | Level 5

Ok thanks. So just to clarify, it is no longer possible in any way for a third party app to link to Dropbox on iOS 9.

I will have to drop support for iOS 9 in that case (mostly iPad 2 users).

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Yes, that's correct, given that both the official Dropbox iOS app and the official Dropbox web site do not support iOS 9, the Dropbox OAuth app authorization flow is also not supported on iOS 9. (Technically, you might be able to implement a system where the user processes the authorization flow on another computer/device and somehow delivers the access token to the iOS 9 device, but that would need to be custom-built.)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Mark R.5 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?