cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOS Document Picker greyed out

iOS Document Picker greyed out

Bassebus
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/view_controllers/providing_access_to_directories

let documentPicker = UIDocumentPickerViewController(documentTypes: [kUTTypeFolder as String], in: .open)
documentPicker.delegate = self
present(documentPicker, animated: true, completion: nil)

ChHfJ2p

I cannot select Dropbox (or Google Drive...). 

Does anyone have a solution for this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox document picker doesn't support opening folders, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox document picker doesn't support opening folders, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

Bassebus
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Ok, no problem. Thanks for the reply, at least I can stop spending time trying to get this to work 🙂

RosemaryOrchard
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I would like to request this feature as well - I am unable to sync folders of files in most applications and it would be really helpful to be able to do so!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@RosemaryOrchard Thanks for the feedback!

joeybladb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please please please make this work. It can't be more than a dozen lines of code, and you'll be able to say you beat those as*holes over at Google Docs to the punch. You're better and more intelligent and definitely more sexy that Google. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@joeybladb Thanks for the note! I'll send it along to the team.

Richard24
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Ok

jbmorley
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I too would like to add a request for this feature; it would vastly increase the utility of Dropbox for me on iOS, as a user, and as a developer of apps that provide file management utilities.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@jbmorley Thanks for the feedback!

Need more support?