cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: oAuth 2.0 has stopped working since electron (Chromium client)

oAuth 2.0 has stopped working since electron (Chromium client)

leriano7
Explorer | Level 3

oAuth 2.0 has stopped working from electron client v1.8.4 (Chromium client, in Windows and Mac), for direct Dropbox accounts. Right now it only works with Google accounts. Are you experiencing troubles with this?

Thank you!

13 Replies 13

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@chrisgch Thanks for the report. Unfortunately, similar to the original report on this thread, processing the OAuth app authorization flow in a web view, not the system browser itself, is not supported.

Per the Dropbox /oauth2/authorize documentation, we do not support processing the OAuth app authorization flow in web views. (This decision was made in order to support the Google Sign In flow for signing in to Dropbox. That may still work at the moment, but Google has deprecated it, so it will stop working in the future.)

That being the case, you should update your app to process the OAuth app authorization flow in the system browser instead.

chrisgch
Explorer | Level 3
I get the same hanging dialog with the Android 4.3 system browser. It does work with Chrome, but not everyone has it installed. Using AccountManager seems to require Google Play services, so it wouldn't work on devices without them, like Amazon Fire tablets.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@chrisgch I'm afraid the Android 4.3 system browser (which seems to be based on Webkit 534.30) isn't officially supported either, given how old it is. I recommend having your users upgrade to a more recent version.

chrisgch
Explorer | Level 3
You cannot update the system browser. But I could show a warning that users should install Chrome or Firefox for Android.
Need more support?