cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: problem with Dropbox Saver

problem with Dropbox Saver

Andres Garrido
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, 

Days ago I could save some files without problem, but now when trying to save certain files, the progress stops from one moment to another. I have tried from other links and with other files, but the same thing happens. It mainly happens to me with files larger than 1GB, I don't know if there is now a size limit, because previously I didn't have any problems.

Please could fix this problem soon. 

27 Replies 27

gaganov
Helpful | Level 5

@Здравко anyway there must be a way to handle that on their end somehow. 

Downloading big files by URL shouldn't be a problem.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @Greg-DB,

I have a proposal that your team can consider about the issue discussed here.

Alternative version of /2/files/upload_session/append_v2 can be added able to add a content to existing session that comes from URL (the same way like /2/files/save_url does; "path" may be replaced to "cursor"). In addition a parameter with the content range needs to be added that has to be mapped/redirected to Content-Range header of the download request. Such an addition will let many different issues to get solved (including the current one, but not only). In such a way may be formed new file (or existing files version) resulting from upload/download mixture that can open different additional opportunities (limited only by API users imagination). 😉

Hope this gives brain meal to your system designers.

Andres Garrido
Explorer | Level 4

@gaganov Unfortunately the problem with 5min timeout has always been there since I uploaded files to my dropbox and it would be something they should reconsider, but before this problem I could still save files to dropbox, but as @Greg-DB mentions before the upload progress reaches 5 min, it stops and is usually with files larger than 1GB, because with small files is working fine.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback!

Andres Garrido
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Greg-DB , I would like to know what happened with this problem. It has really hurt me a lot, because I manage large files, and it's been about a month and I haven't had any solution. Thanks.

gaganov
Helpful | Level 5

@Andres Garrido this issue lasts years. I don't think they want to fix that. Workaround is to use chunked upload through the Dropbox API.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Andres Garrido This issue is still open with the team, but I don't have any news to report yet. I'll follow up here once I have an update on it.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Update: this issue is still open with the team to investigate the degradation causing the transfer progress to stall. To help alleviate this though, we have increased the timeout to 15 minutes. Hope this helps!

Need more support?