cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Generated access token" constantly disappearing after some time

"Generated access token" constantly disappearing after some time

Chris T.21
New member | Level 1

Hello there,
I developed a personal php web app which accesses my personal dropbox every minute and checks for new images in a folder, fetches them via the PHP api and deletes the image(s) in the dropbox Folder.

To connect to the Dropbox I use the "Generated access token" which can be generated in the app console. Every now and then, the Token is gone and therefore the access is of course blocked.

This is a private project used for a wedding where a photoBooth is present and the images are saved into a Dropbox folder.
A different PC which is connected to a Projector as well as people who can't join can open the website and view the newest photos.

Unfortunately this only works for minutes/hours. Oauth is not a valid option in this case because I can't login every now and then. It should just run without attention.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
Chris

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

Moved to the API forum.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

First, to clarify, when you say the access token is "gone", do you mean that it is just no longer displayed on the App Console, or that your API calls using it start failing?

The former is expected, e.g., if you leave or refresh the page. The generated access token is only displayed to you when it is generated. It doesn't get revoked by itself though, e.g., when leaving the page.

If you mean that your API calls start failing, on the other hand, note Dropbox API access tokens don't automatically expire, but there are a few ways they can be revoked:

Do any of those apply? If your API calls are unexpectedly failing, can you supply a sample request/response?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?