cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save_url endpoint

save_url endpoint

Klaus A.
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

I really would like to use the save_url endpoint to save user created data from a server to the user's dropbox account.

Alas, I can't. In my case, and I am sure in many other applications too, access to the user data at the specified url requires inclusion of an authorization header in the GET request. 

The current save_url parameters contain only destination pathname and origin url. 

It would be nice to have an optional additional field in the parameters for the save_url enpoint that specifies the authorization header to include in the GET request.

Something like:

"authorization_header_to_include": "Authorization: urlspecificbearer some_access_token",

The value of the "authorization_header_to_include" field would then literally be included in the GET request header.

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the post! I'm sending this along as a feature request.

I can't make any promises as to if or when that would be added though, so if you control the resource host, as a workaround you can instead generate URLs that contain random, unguessable tokens, and/or that are time-limited which you would then supply to Dropbox.

Klaus A.
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks Greg,

What in addition would be REALLY great if there were also an optional "url_method" member with the possible values GET (default), PUT and POST. That would make the save_url endpoint a great feature to save and restore server based user data to DropBox.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks! I'll send that request along too.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Klaus A. Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?