cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

searchV2 not finding target folder

searchV2 not finding target folder

lkanthatham
Explorer | Level 3

I had been using the JavaScript interface in node.js to search for target folders based on the current date with format "mm-dd-yyyy".  This had been working fine for a few months.  However, I noticed that it missed this folder:

/base folder/subfolder/11-16-2021

I was querying based on "11-16-2021". However, this did not show up in the results.  Just wondering if this is a bug or is it something that I can do to fix it.

This problem is also in the web interface.  When searching for "11-16-2021", this folder did not show up.  Other folders seems to be fine.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Due to indexing delays, sometimes new changes may not immediately be returned in search results. The length of the delay is generally short, but sometimes may be longer. Since this is happening on both the API and web site, it sounds like an indexing issue with your account rather than some issue calling the API itself, so I recommend contacting support for help with the search functionality on your account if you're still seeing this issue.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?