cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/set_access_inheritance

/set_access_inheritance

sacker
Explorer | Level 3

Hi all

Did someone test that API ?

set_access_inheritance

To foul to test now, but.. is it the way that we asked, for disabling inheritance of permissions for subfolders ??

Any feedback ?

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
I'm not sure I understand your question. Can you elaborate? This endpoint should change the inheritance policy of a shared folder in a team shared Dropbox. Have you tried it, and if so, did you run in to any issues with it? Thanks in advance!

sacker
Explorer | Level 3

Hi

thanks for the response

No i did not take time to test it, but i will surely do ...

My question is simple :

Does that API permit to stop inheritance of the permissions in a folder, and thus take back permission for a group, that has been given on a high level folder.

Example :

Teamfolder1 - Group A and GRoupB READ PErmission

SHFolder1 - GroupA and GROUPB Modified Permission

Folder2 - Group A and GROUPB READ PERMISSION (inherited)

SHFolder3 - GroupA NO PERMISSION - Group B READ PErmission (Using /set_access_inheritance, and sharing to GROUP B)

As i wask asking around, and reading forums, i understood it was not possible to disable inheritance at all.

Sebastien

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for elaborating! Yes, it sounds like this is what you're looking for then. You would set "access_inheritance" to "no_inherit" for that.

Note that this only applies to the new team space and member folders configuration though. Your team may not have that yet. 

sacker
Explorer | Level 3

I'm trying to launch that API.

It works only on a shared folder, not on a simple Subfolder of a shared_folder (we must provide a sharedfolder ID, folder ID does not work).

But, i think may be i don't have the "new team space" you are talking about, because i get an error back : (409) Conflict.

How can i check if i'm in the case you mention ? How can i apply to that new configuration (and what does it imply on my existing folder structure ?)

We have a dropbox business advanced subscription

Thanks

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Please contact Business support:

https://www.dropbox.com/support/email/business_and_teams/submit

They should be able to offer information on the current state of your team, and when you can migrate to the new configuration.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    sacker Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?