cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/team_folder/update_sync_settings unsupported_configuration

/team_folder/update_sync_settings unsupported_configuration

ddcjoee
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am trying to update the selective sync settings on some subfolders of a team folder. I entered the following: 

{
    "host": {
        "connectionReferenceName""shared_dropboxapi-5f21acac037128735f-5f23bdb579ede2909f",
        "operationId""Team_folder_update_sync_settings"
    },
    "parameters": {
        "Content-Type"" application/json",
        "body/team_folder_id""1994063569",
        "body/sync_setting""default",
        "body/content_sync_settings": [
            {
                "id""id:UcDpaFIqZiUAAAAAAAAwKQ",
                "sync_setting""not_synced"
            }
        ]
    }
}
However, it returns an error stating: 
unsupported_configuration

Is there something I am doing wrong? As far as I can see, everything is in line with the documentation.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This is indicating that this particular request can't be supported either due to constraints on the backend, or because of the state of the relevant folders. For instance, the specified folder may be located too deep in the directory tree to support this feature, or otherwise the folder may be contained inside another folder that is itself not synced. In the latter case, you could address this by setting the parent folder to be synced.

Apologies this isn't better documented! I'll ask the team to see if we can improve the documentation to make this clearer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ddcjoee
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

One thing I noticed is that the id returned when I list folders does not appear to be a truly unique identifier. For instance:

id:UcDpaFIqZiUAAAAAAAAiRQ: 

There are at least four folders that have that exact ID. Would that potentially cause that kind of an error, since it wouldn't know which of the four folders that have that ID to operate on? 

EDIT: I missed that IDs are case-sensitive, and upon further inspection see that they are in fact unique. This theory can be disregarded, but still unsure why the initial API call is returning an error.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This is indicating that this particular request can't be supported either due to constraints on the backend, or because of the state of the relevant folders. For instance, the specified folder may be located too deep in the directory tree to support this feature, or otherwise the folder may be contained inside another folder that is itself not synced. In the latter case, you could address this by setting the parent folder to be synced.

Apologies this isn't better documented! I'll ask the team to see if we can improve the documentation to make this clearer.

ddcjoee
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

That makes sense, thank you so much for the info! If I recall correctly, the folders are fairly deep in the directory, so that likely explains it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ddcjoee Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?